The day is finally here!
Today marks my last day in O&G department!
Okay, basically, last Tuesday (14/1/25) was my real last working day in O&G.
All in all, I'd personally rate O&G a solid 8/10
Okay, it's quite generous now that I think about it. But it deserves an 8.
Hear me out.
It's not as bad as I thought it'd be.
I chose O&G as my first posting so that I'd have a high threshold for people's scolding. But apparently, my threshold was high from the very beginning lol.
So far, I have never cried from doctor's scolding (surprisingly) (or not). But to be fair, I have never been scolded that bad in the dept. Yes, I was being shouted at once, not long after off-tagging, by a malignant MO, but it wasn't my fault. It was her projecting her sad misery life onto me. I simply did my job. She was shouting at me about how I didn't know how assess the pt's pain score, but well, well, she couldn't even assess the pain score either. What a clown.
And on my last day, I entered an EMLSCS for fetal distress with her and holy crap, it was a -9999 experience because she said I was a disappointment. In my defense, her steps were way too different from other doctors. I didn't know what she wanted, and she was picky as hell. Yes, I probably didn't perform as great as usual bcs I hadn't entered the OT for sooo long, but tbh, I didn't perform that bad. Her techniques were just different and that's it.
Now, adding up to the bad side of the department...
Let's see...
The doctors are okay, surprisingly. Some are unfortunately kinda malignant. But most of them are nice, especially the guys. As for the ladies, they are emotionally-driven. In other words, sometimes they're okay, and sometimes they're not. But they are bearable tbh.
On my first day, I was told that my first day would define how I see O&G in general.
Honestly, my first day in O&G was amazing as hell!
I was taught by 3 cool senior HOs, and 2 nice MOs (Dr A and Dr D). I was the only girl at low risk that day. And I'm so glad to be stationed at low risk first with those wonderful people. They really helped me a lot.
Of course I didn't end up seeing O&G amazing as hell, but it was great.
I managed to put on a full-face make-up every day.
That reflects how comfortable I was in the dept, yeah?
Certain doctors would point out at my makeup (some in a good way, and some in a sarcastic way). Dr NA would always puji me and say how rajin I was for putting on makeup, how good I looked post-call, how intact I looked with makeup on.
And my patients and SNs- they'd always puji me as well. One SN in 1B even looked at my face carefully and be like, "Dr harini pakai makeup warna apa? Pink juga eh? Saya suka tengok." She was pregnant hehe
Tbh, make-up was the only thing that made me feel alive.
That's why I couldn't give it up.
And my skin was breaking out in O&G. I didn't know what to do anymore. It was so sad tbh. My period became irregular. It was so sad. I was probably more stressed out than I thought I was.
But anyway, I love the teamwork here. I love how we work together as a team for our patients.
Most patients won't feel anything when I did VE on them, and it was such a nice feeling, knowing that I didn't cause any pain to them.
And I know most doctors like working with me because I didn't talk a lot, I did my job as I was supposed to, and I wasn't problematic at all.
It was kinda obvious how some doctors would prefer me over other people to do the job, and they were a lot nicer to me compared to other people.
Now that I think about this, I honestly can't come up with anything I truly like in O&G.
Maybe I find it bearable because I'm familiar with it, not because I truly enjoy the dept.
And I realized that joining all those co-curricular activities back in uni really helped developed my working etiquettes.
Some doctors didn't even know I was a first poster until I told them :') Even fellow HOs (the one that entered the dept when I was alrd 2 months in) thought I was a second / third poster.
I'm not sure if I have a lot more to write, but I'll update along the way, whenever I remember something.
In the meantime, let me upload some pictures throughout the posting that I have in my new phone.
The pictures are not in order because I'm so lazy to arrange them.































