Saturday, July 6, 2013 | 1:14 PM | 0 Alien
Chapter 2
“I’m Kris.”
Kris? I’ve heard his name somewhere.
“I’m Park Angelina. Nice to meet you, Kris.” I bow despite
my wonders of him. His name is familiar, totally. I’m completely sure that his
name is familiar – very familiar, indeed. Gosh, who is he?
“Angel, it’s been awhile now since we last saw each other,
right?” Jessica says, obviously starting the conversation. I turn to her. She
already has that pretty smile of hers. I chuckle. I miss that smile so much.
“It’s been 7 years, I guess?” We went to the same high
school. Right after high school, my family moved to Canada again because my
grandfather was sick and we had to take care of him since my mother is the only
child. Just so you know, I’m Korean-Canadian.
“You write novels, right?”
“I do write novels but I’m more to fictions, actually,” I
answer as I take a glance at her boyfriend.
He is busy playing games in his iPad. I take a good look at him. It’s
just me or he does look familiar? God, I’m becoming more forgetful now! Let me
cry a river!
“Oh, I see. I saw you a lot on the newspapers. Park Angel
did it again and such. You’re seriously great!” she beams in joy. Her boyfriend
has stopped playing games and now, he looks at us with those sharp eyes of his.
God, that’s scary!
“What did you say, honey?” he speaks with that sexy voice of
his. Nah, I’m not going to melt. I’ve found thousands of people who have this
kind of voice and none of them has ever melted me yet.
“Don’t you know, darling? She’s your favorite author!”
Jessica exclaims in English as the waitress in the cat costumes serves their
drinks.
“What do you mean?” His English is good. As they continue to
talk about his favorite author, I
look around, only to see some people snapping pictures of us. They then pretend
as if they don’t do anything wrong; it’s never wrong to snap some pictures but
why us?
“Are you the great Park Angel?” Kris asks, making me
chuckle. Great? I’m far from great, to be honest. I’m not famous at all. My
fictions are not so great either; it’s so-so, as far as I know. Nah, I don’t
really care about the world. I only care about me and money. LOL, I’m just
kidding.
“I’m not great, as far as I know. I’m just the ordinary Park
Angel,” I answer as I take another sip on my cappuccino. Kris looks so damn
excited as he jolts in joy. I observe his face, trying to remember if I have
ever seen him before. Seriously, he doesn’t look familiar at all but I swear I
heard his name somewhere.
“I’m your biggest fans! I’ve read all of your fictions and
they are all amazing!” This is my first time seeing a boy squealing about me
right in front of me and I’m freaking out right now. Is he mentally sick or
what? I’m not that good in writing (even though I love to brag how good I am in
writing in front of my parents).
“Thank you,” I say before I turn around. I feel weird; some
people are spying on us right now. Feel like hiding in a cupboard right now. I
really hate these thingy now. Seriously, I don’t like attention very much. It’s
seriously not my cup of bubble tea.
“Hey, don’t you guys feel like being spied on right now?” I
change the topic. I really feel like throwing my stilettos on the faces of
those stupid people now. Can’t they cover a bit while snapping those photos? Be
more professional, people!
“It’s normal for us,” Jessica answers in Korean in a sudden.
She puts on her expensive-looking sunglasses – they look perfectly fine on her.
“What do you mean by ‘normal’?”
“Trust me; we had weirder situations than this.” They both
laugh.
“I don’t get it,” I say, only to earn a very long explanation
from her.
------Next
morning------
I can’t sleep. It’s already 3 in the morning but I can’t
even take a nap. I’m freaking tired but Jessica’s question keep on playing
inside my mind.
“Do you even have your first kiss yet?”
A simple yet complicated question. Of course I haven’t! I
don’t even have a boyfriend or even a guy friend. I’m anti-social, trust me. My
life is all about fictions, not a single thing about guys has been into my
mind. Am I too weird? No. Am I too addicted to writing? Yes.
It’s frustrating knowing that I’m turning 24 next week and I
still haven’t have my first kiss yet. Well, I just need a bo- Gosh, what am I
thinking? I don’t need a guy in my life! I can do everything by myself! There’s
no need for me to find love because when the right time comes, it will
eventually come to me without me begging it to. I’m not that desperate.
Annoyed, I head to the kitchen and made myself a cup of hot Nescafe.
Yum yum! As I sit back on the bed, ideas suddenly pop out of my mind. My lips
turn into a thin line as I grab my laptop.
I spot him right on my
way towards the coffee shop. He is shopping with his friend. I don’t see his
girlfriend anywhere; probably tanning under the bright sun. I don’t stop my
track but instead, I smile at him a bit. He catches my smile by a glimpse and
he returns back my smile. His smile is so calming that I don’t need a cup of
cappuccino to refresh my mind or even a sweet piece of blueberry cheesecake to
make me calm – I’m already calm.
As I’m waiting for my
order to arrive, I steal a glimpse of him through the transparent glass window.
He lets out a cute-looking laugh in embarrassment as he wears the pretty pink
hat on his head – I’m officially killed by his cute laugh. How can he be so
cute and charming at the same time? The waiter serves me my cappuccino and meat
lasagna just after he leaves the store nearby. I sigh helplessly. I can’t even
tell him to wait for awhile. I take a sip on my cappuccino and yuck, it tastes
bitter as ever! I put it down as I stare at my cappuccino – looking good. It
looks good, it smells good but it tastes bad. How can it be like this? Is it
because I fall too hard for the sweet him that I can’t taste any sweetness
except for the sweetness of loving him? Heck, what am I thinking?!
-----The next
week------
Here I am, in Jeju Island, the main setting of my first
romance fiction, with Jessica and Kris. I am here in the first place because I
was dragged by the couple. Jessica said I’m lack of romance that I wrote stupid
romance scenes in my fiction. Well, it’s basically not my fault for not having
a boyfriend. So, here I am, being dragged by them to Jeju Island, just to find
me a boyfriend.
“Someone seems lonely,” teases Jessica as she cuddles with
Kris. I puff my cheeks as I walk faster than before.
“Well, I’m feeling perfectly fine.”
“I don’t think you are, honey,” Kris says as he gives me a
wink. Heck? I raise my eyebrows as I look at the beautiful scenery in front of
me.
“Welcome to Jeju Island, Angel,” I whisper in my smile. Some
people actually tell me if I want to find a boyfriend, I have to go to Jeju
Island because people who travel here are mostly so handsome. I chuckle alone
as I remember the blog post of Finding Boyfriend in Jeju Island.
“Chuckling alone? Seriously, you’ve gone crazy!” I take a
glimpse at the couple. They really need to get a room! They act all lovey-dovey
in front of me. Gosh, give me a break, will you? I shake my head in
disagreement and I suddenly remember Jessica’s message to me after our meeting.
From: Jessica Jung
It’s been awhile now. I miss you. I miss us. I miss our friendship.
Don’t you miss it too? Every day, I pray to God so that He will bring you to me
and he did, Angel. He did bring you to me and now that I met you, can you
please give me another chance to make everything right?
“Here we are!” Jessica beams happily as she gets into her
room… with Kris. My room is kind of far from their room. I had to take like 100
steps from there and turn to the left. When I finally find my room, I push in
the card and it opens. I enter the room. It really is so luxurious despite me
being alone here. It is a big suite with some romantic features – flowery big
bath tub, love-shaped roses on the bed and trails of roses everywhere. I’m
surprised! Jessica and Kris must be really weird to book me a suite like this.
I’m single for God’s sake!
I wake up from my long nap right before the Sun sets. Thank
Goodness I can watch the sunset. I comb my messy bed hair, which actually looks
pretty good on me and stroll along the beach. Just when the Sun is about to
set, I sit on the sand, knees to my chest. It’s been awhile since the last time
I watched the sunset. To my surprise, a guy suddenly approaches me. He looks
scary as hell.
“Hey, cutie, where are you from?” the dark-skin guy says,
only to earn a smack on his back by his friend.
“Ouch!” He yelped in pain.
“It’s not good to approach people like that, Kai,” his
friend in the red shirt whispers, a little too loud for me to hear it. The dark
guy pouts as he says, “hyung is so bad to me!”
I raise my eyebrows as I see him walking away from me. Thank
God he’s now away. He looks scary, maybe a bit scarier than Kim Jong Kook of
Running Man. Not to mention that he looks kind of… pervert too.
“I’m sorry for my friend. He doesn’t usually like this. You
must be special, then,” the white guy says as he removes his wet red shirt,
revealing his toned abs. I turn to him with the what-are-you-talking-about
face.
“Oh. I’m sorry. That’s the stupidest joke ever.” It is a
joke, dude? Right, that is the stupidest joke ever that I don’t even realize
how ‘funny’ it is.
“Nah, it’s okay.”
“What’s your name?” he asks me. I don’t know why but I
suddenly think of 4minute’s what’s Your Name. Well, I only know 4Minute and
maybe some other groups like Shinhwa, SNSD and SISTAR. I just heard of EXO last
week and I only know Kris. I break off my thoughts as I answer him.
“I’m Park Angelina. Call me Angel.”
“It’s really nice to meet you, Angel. No wonder you look
like an angel. I have to go now. Till we meet again, my angel.” He kisses my
hand and stands up. Just before he walks away, I ask him.
“Who are you?” He chuckles.
“I’m your guardian
angel.”


